COVID-19 Update 1
Response to the Coronavirus Situation
March 12, 2020
Dear First National Bank Clients,
First National Bank values its clients and cares about the communities we serve. You are important to us and we want you to know we are taking proactive, preventive measures to minimize the risk of coronavirus (COVID-19) in our workplace while continuing to provide critical financial functions and support you depend on. It is our responsibility to be smart as we manage through this World Health Organization declared pandemic.
Examples of measures taken to help prevent the spread of the virus include:
- Prohibiting business travel outside our market area;
- Postponing on-site meetings with vendors, partners and presenters from outside our market area;
- Prohibiting large employee group meetings;
- Requiring all employees to wash their hands and sanitize their work areas throughout the day;
- Avoiding handshakes and other forms of personal contact with clients and other employees;
- Maintaining appropriate “Social Distance” when possible; and
- Requesting that employees who are experiencing cold or flu like symptoms or have family members who are experiencing cold or flu like symptoms to stay at home.
These steps are in line with our Pandemic Plan and actions being taken by other organizations to minimize the number of coronavirus cases and limit its impact. As a corporate citizen we are committed to do our part.
While First National’s offices remain open under our normal operating schedule, our clients are encouraged to use our telephone, mobile, and online platforms for banking needs when possible. To enroll in First National Bank’s online banking please visit this link. Mobile banking can be accessed by searching “First Nat Mobile App” on the App Store or Google Play. You may also contact First National Bank Client Support at 434-369-3000.
Be cautious in this current environment. Unfortunately, there are always those who seek to take advantage of others during vulnerable situations. Be aware of potential scams and fraudulent attempts by criminals to access personal information and financial assets. Please contact us should you have any concerns.
In closing, First National is committed to combating the coronavirus and we intend to continue taking care of our clients, community and employees through providing extraordinary service.
Aubrey H. Hall, III “Todd”
President & CEO