CEO Letter Regarding Recent Banking Industry News
To First National Bank Customers & the Communities We Serve,
Recent banking industry news has led to market volatility and questions regarding the safety of deposits at financial institutions. Please be assured of the following:
- First National Bank is conservatively managed and well-capitalized per all regulatory definitions, with a strong, diversified depositor base.
- We have a solid liquidity position, and the majority of our securities portfolio is relatively short-term.
- We are a nationally chartered bank that operates under the strict regulatory supervision of the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency.
- We are in our 115th year of operation and have successfully managed through volatile markets and economic conditions over the course of our history.
- Our current focus remains the same today as it has been since 1908; taking care of our customers, providing extraordinary service, and supporting our communities.
In summary, “We are Here to Stay and Ready to Serve”. As always, thank you for your support, trust, and confidence in First National Bank.
Aubrey H. Hall, III “Todd”
President & Chief Executive Officer