Merchant Card Services: The acceptance of Visa/MasterCard, checks, or other non-cash transactions as payments continues to be one of the fastest growing industries worldwide. Our program offers your business access to the latest in electronic payment technology, competitive pricing, and service that is the best in the industry –all from people you know and trust.
- Processing major credit cards including Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express, Pin Debit and more
- A local representative that assures quick response to your needs
- Electronic deposit of funds available in 2 business days
- A variety of credit card processing including terminals, mobile processing, web-based products, and POS systems
- Free Online Access to Merchant Reporting
- EMV Notice
EMV Smart Cards with a chip are available now and will become standard in 2015. On October 1, 2015, the Liability Shift takes effect. After that date, ALL MERCHANTS will be required to use equipment capable of supporting these EMV Smart Cards for card-present transactions. In the event that a chargeback is initiated by the cardholder, and EMV-capable equipment was not used at the point of sale, you will lose the ability to dispute and will be fully liable for the amount of the chargeback. This is an industry-wide change. First National Bank recommends you upgrade your point of sale or add an EMV chip card reader before the deadline to avoid this increased liability. Please call Romonda Davis at (434) 944-3201 to order your new EMV-capable point of sale equipment.
For PCI Compliance, click here.